Welcome back to my blog! I’m super excited today because… IT’S MY BIRTHDAY! I was born on a Saturday and today is the 4th time I’m celebrating my birthday on a Saturday. The last time this happened was 2007. Back then, I probably didn’t realise that it happened but now, it feels oddly satisfying.
Today, I am 22 years old. I remember on my last birthday I didn’t feel good at all. I was officially ‘in my twenties’ and I was feeling super old but this year, it’s okay. I’m not where I was expecting or hoping to be at 22. I thought I would be engaged or even married but I don’t even have a boyfriend. I thought I would be a year or two into a career but I don’t even have a job at the moment. When I was younger, I thought that 22 was old but now that I’m here, I realise that it’s not old at all and there’s plenty of time to accomplish everything I want to accomplish.
After thinking long and hard and asking for some suggestions on Twitter for what I could write for my birthday post, I’ve finally settled on 22 Things I Haven’t Learnt In 22 Years. I started doing 22 Things I’ve Learnt In 22 Years but I got to the grand total of 3 and kept thinking about what I haven’t learnt.
22 Things I Haven’t Learnt In 22 Years
- How to stand up for myself
- How to let negative comments go over my head
- How to be comfortable in my own skin
- How to turn down dessert
- How to keep my bedroom tidy
- How to be a positive person (I’m working on it)
- How to talk about my feelings
- How to draw a straight line
- How to step outside my comfort zone
- How to stop my face turning red when I get super embarrassed
- How to not get confused with 24 hour time (I see 15:00 and think 5 pm)
- How to listen to music that isn’t Disney or Musical Theatre
- How to sing or dance in public (and when I say in public, I mean outside of my bedroom)
- How to believe in myself
- How to do a dot-to-dot without making a mistake
- How to run the perfect bath
- How to find shoes that don’t rub my feet
- How to follow a routine
- How to take care of my skin and hair regularly (I’m trying)
- How to be patient when helping my grandparents use a computer and ‘the google’
- How to go to a show and not buy a programme (I have a ton of them)
- How to practice self-love (I’m trying with that too)
As you can see, there are still a few things I need to learn in life but, I’m only 22 so I have loads of time *touch wood*.
I want to say a HUGE happy birthday to my birthday twin Larayeeb. We recently met on Twitter and discovered we shared a birthday and that we would both be writing a birthday post so we decided to collab so be sure to read her post and give her some birthday love!
Don’t forget to subscribe and follow me on social media. If you enjoyed this post, please share it using the buttons below!
Thanks for reading, Em xo