Welcome to day 17 of Blogmas! Today I’m going the Christmas tag. I love doing tags, I previously did the Harry Potter tag which you can read here, so I had to include one in this year’s blogmas and you can find the questions I answered here. Let’s get straight to it.
1. Use one noise to describe how excited you are for Christmas.
Okay, so this one probably works better in a video but the noise I’m making it a very high pitched/squeal-ish mmmmmmm/eeeeeeeee sound
2. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
Sometimes. Before we moved house, we used to get a present from our neighbour, it was usually a notepad and a pen or something along those lines and we were allowed to open that before bed on Christmas eve. Last year my mam made a little Christmas eve package each for me and my brother for the first time and she said she didn’t know why she didn’t do this when we were younger but it contained a set of Christmas pyjamas and a triangular bag/piping bag with hot chocolate powder, marshmallows, chocolate coins and a candy cane.
3. What holiday traditions are you looking forward to most this year?
Sitting down with my family and watching the Strictly Christmas special!
4. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
Well, I have 3 trees, one in my room which is fake, one in the living room which is also fake and another outside which is real.
5. What is your favourite Christmas film?
I wrote a post on this on day 5 which you can read here but my favourite film is Elf!!
6. Where do you usually spend your holiday?
At home mostly. We alternate every year between my house and my grandparent’s house for Christmas lunch though.
7. What is your favourite Christmas song?
I wrote a post about my favourite Christmas songs which you can read here but my favourite is Fairytale of New York
8. What is your all-time favourite holiday food/sweet treat?
Christmas dinner with stuffing, pigs in blankets, turkey, all that stuff! I also love trifle but we have that throughout the year but it’s always better at Christmas time because there’s sherry in it!
9. Be honest: do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better?
I love giving gifts because I love showing my family how much they mean to me and how thankful for them I am but who doesn’t love receiving gifts?!
10. What is your favourite thing about Christmas?
Presents! Both giving them and receiving them!
11. When do you start getting excited about Christmas?
Around September/October but I’ve had to try and stop that because come Christmas I’ve used up all my excitement.
12. What is the best Christmas gift you’ve ever received?
I have no idea! I’m always so spoiled at Christmas, I get so many presents. For the last 3/4 years I’ve had tickets to the Strictly live tour and every January me and my mam make the annual pilgrimage to Birmingham to see it and I love doing that, it’s become a tradition but my mam is starting to wish I made a friend who liked Strictly I could go with instead, she may not mind as much if they started coming back to Cardiff!
13. What is the worst present you’ve ever received?
I don’t know, I don’t think it’s fair to choose a worst present because buying presents takes so much thought and effort, you should appreciate everything you have
14. As a kid, did a sibling ever receive a present that you wished was for you?
I can’t think what but probably!
15. What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?
New York, I’ve always wanted to go but I still haven’t been. It just looks so magical at Christmas time! I also can’t wait until I have children so that I can take them to Lapland because I’ve always wanted to do that too but I’m probably too old now to go without a child
16. Most memorable Holiday moment?
I really don’t know, I have a shocking memory. I do remember one year when I must have been between 6 and 8 and I had a mermaid Barbie and it came with a dressing table or something with loads of tiny pieces and my auntie spent Christmas night glueing everything down so that I didn’t lose them or swallow them
17. Do you make New Year’s resolutions? Do you stick to them?
No, I don’t see the point, I hate New Years
18. What makes the holidays special for you?
Being with family, playing games and being a bit more detached from technology, it’s the best part
19. What’s the best part about Christmas for you?
The same as above, also Christmas dinner, it’s my favourite meal!
20. You have been granted one Christmas wish…what will it be?
I would wish to go back in time and experience a Christmas with my parents before they divorced because I don’t remember any of those Christmases because I was so young.
I would love to see your answers to these questions, comment links to your Christmas tag posts below or if you don’t have a blog, why not answer the questions in the comments?!
Thanks for reading, Em xo
Don’t forget to subscribe and follow me on social media!