1. Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner guest?
I’ve given this one a lot of thought and I think I would choose JK Rowling because there’s just so much I want to know about Harry Potter.
2. Would you like to be famous? In what way?
The only reason I would want to be famous is to go on Strictly, other than that, I wouldn’t want to be famous because you have no privacy and it’s just so much harder BUT if you are famous, you’ve got a lot of money so that part wouldn’t be bad😂. I don’t know what I would be famous for but I would love to be an event planner for celebrities but I don’t think that would make me famous…
3. Before making a telephone call, do you ever rehearse what you are going to say? Why?
Absolutely, before making a phone call, before ordering in a restaurant, before I’m going to ask someone anything, I always rehearse what I’m going to say.
4. What would constitute a “perfect” day for you?
I would head up to Leavesden to the Harry Potter Studios and spend the entire day wandering around all the sets but I would want the whole place to myself and just go with my friends. I’ve been 3 times already and I absolutely love it, it’s my absolute favourite place, I just love it. Then, I would want to be able to have whatever I wanted in there for free like butterbeer, ice cream and whatever I wanted in the shop. I love so many things in there but it’s so expensive!
5. When did you last sing to yourself? To someone else?
I never sing to anyone but myself but it was probably yesterday.
6. If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the mind or body of a 30-year-old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you want?
7. Do you have a secret hunch about how you will die?
No, but I have always believed that I would die young.
8. Name three things you and your partner appear to have in common.
Well, I’m super single so I can’t answer this one but if I wasn’t single, I would like to have the same TV shows/films in common, the same sense of humour and a love for cats.
9. For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
That I have a roof over my head, a safe home and a family who love me.
10. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
My mother was and is still super protective so I’ve had quite a sheltered life so a lot of things that are normal to most people my age are big things for me, like going out drinking etc (not that I like doing that though).
11. Take four minutes and tell your partner your life story in as much detail as possible.
So, I guess I tell you guys this?😂 I’ve lived in Wales all my life and my parents are divorced and both have re-married. I have 3 siblings who are all younger than me. I went to Ysgol Gynradd Gymraeg Bronllwyn from the ages of 3 – 11 and then Ysgol Gyfun Cymer Rhondda from 11 – 18 and I went straight to uni until I was 21 to study Event Management. That’s it, I guess, I’m only 21 so I haven’t done much😂.
12. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be?
13. If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future or anything else, what would you want to know?
Absolutely, I would want to know if everything turns out okay because I’m not where I thought I would be in life by now so I would want to know if anything I want to happen will actually happen.
14. Is there something that you’ve dreamed of doing for a long time? Why haven’t you done it?
Go to America, I’ve wanted to do that for as long as I can remember and I haven’t done it because I don’t have anyone to go with and it’s super expensive.
15. What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?
Graduating university. I never thought it would happen so walking across that stage was an amazing feeling!
16. What do you value most in a friendship?
Loyalty and trust
17. What is your most treasured memory?
I don’t really have one.
18. What is your most terrible memory?
The day my cat Boots died, it was the worst day. When I was about 11/12, we woke up one morning and he wasn’t there, we just thought that he would be home when we came back from school but my stepdad phoned on his way to work telling my mam that he found Boots and he had been hit by a car. I went down to my friend’s house to go to the bus together and I was sobbing and I cried pretty much that whole day and I was sent out of my science class because I was crying so much. When I got home, my dad took me and my brother for food to try and cheer us up and it was the same day that High School Musical 2 was premiering on Disney Channel and I told my dad I was too sad to watch it and that was probably the first and last time my dad forced me to watch HSM😂.
19. If you knew that in one year you would die suddenly, would you change anything about the way you are now living? Why?
Yes! I would take all of my savings and use them to complete my bucket list. There’s so much I want to do and I would want to make sure I do everything I wanted to before I died.
20. What does friendship mean to you?
Friendship is having someone you can confide in and talk to when things get tough. It’s having people who won’t betray your trust and will always be there for you.
21. What roles do love and affection play in your life?
I think love and affection are super important, I like hugs and I like when people tell me they love me. I get these from my family often but not romantically.
22. Alternate sharing something you consider a positive characteristic of your partner. Share a total of five items.
So, like I said, I don’t have a partner so I’m just going to tell you 5 characteristics I think are important in a partner. Loyalty, openness, honesty, affection, sense of humour.
23. How close and warm is your family? Do you feel your childhood was happier than most other people’s?
I’m not that close with my family like I don’t tell them things about my life. I think my childhood was pretty average.
24. How do you feel about your relationship with your mother?
Like I said above, I’m not really that close with my mother in the sense I tell her things about my life but it’s still quite a good relationship, we do lots of things together like shopping, seeing shows and watching strictly etc but that’s it really.
25. Make three true “we” statements each. For instance, “We are both in this room feeling …”
I’m just going to skip this one, I can’t see how I can do this one by myself😂
26. Complete this sentence: “I wish I had someone with whom I could share …”
27. If you were going to become a close friend with your partner, please share what would be important for him or her to know.
Definitely my struggles with depression because that really affected my first relationship a lot and I didn’t realise it at the time.
28. Tell your partner what you like about them; be very honest this time, saying things that you might not say to someone you’ve just met.
Again, I don’t know how to answer this one😂.
29. Share with your partner an embarrassing moment in your life.
I was thinking about this the other day but I can’t remember what it was now.
30. When did you last cry in front of another person? By yourself?
I cried by myself while watching Dancing With The Stars the other day, there was a girl on there who up until last year had been paralysed and she had learned to walk again and now she’s on Dancing With The Stars. After her first dance, she was crying, her family was crying and I was crying and then laughing because I didn’t even know the girl, I’d never heard of her before which is why I can’t remember her name now🙈. (Edit: It was Victoria Arlen)
31. Tell your partner something that you like about them already.
Again… I’m alone😂.
32. What, if anything, is too serious to be joked about?
Mental health, suicide, I did have terrorism on here but then I remembered the episode of Outnumbered in the airport when Sue is trying to explain to Karen why they blow up planes and Ben and Jake name as many explosives as they can while checking in and it’s quite funny (it’s on youtube if you haven’t seen it already). But obviously it’s not good to joke about terrorism with everything that’s going on today but this episode is about 10 years old so it was a bit less relevant then.
33. If you were to die this evening with no opportunity to communicate with anyone, what would you most regret not having told someone? Why haven’t you told them yet?
I would probably regret not telling someone I had feelings for them for a long time and I haven’t told them because I know they wouldn’t have the same feelings back but if I were to die then I would probably want to know but then it wouldn’t matter anyway.
34. Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be? Why?
I’ve actually prepared for this. I’ve put all the photo albums that matter to me in one box so that I can easily grab it if I ever need to. It’s got my scrapbook, my parent’s wedding album and the album that my gran made for me for my 18th birthday.
35. Of all the people in your family, whose death would you find most disturbing? Why?
Well, this is a horrible question… probably my siblings, especially the little ones because they’re so young.
36. Share a personal problem and ask your partner’s advice on how he or she might handle it. Also, ask your partner to reflect back to you how you seem to be feeling about the problem you have chosen.
I thought about asking you guys for help on a problem for this one but I can’t think of one😂
So, now that the questions are finished, you’re supposed to look into your partner’s eyes for four minutes. If you want to answer these questions, on a blog or with your partner (if you do it with your partner, please tell me how that goes!) you can get the questions here. I hope you enjoyed this post and it helped you get to know me a bit more!
Thanks for reading, Em xo
Don’t forget to subscribe and follow me on social media!